Discover more about mold by reading on


Always Dry is a leading company specializing in mold removal in Long Island and the Five Boroughs, New York. At Always Dry, we understand the dangers of mold and microbes and take them very seriously. Exposure to mold can be harmful to individuals with weakened immune systems, the elderly, and infants, which is why we take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our workers and limit the spread of mold contamination during the removal process.

To protect our workers and minimize mold contamination, we construct containment around the affected area and use negative air machines to draw mold particles away from the work area. Our workers wear personal protective equipment, including masks, goggles, gloves, and Tyvek suits, to ensure their safety.

When it comes to removing mold, we take a thorough approach. All porous materials, such as drywall, that have been affected by mold must be removed and properly disposed of. All surfaces and substrates are HEPA vacuumed and wiped down to eliminate any mold fragments and residue. Our state-of-the-art equipment includes air scrubbers with HEPA filtration to capture mold particles in the air, dehumidifiers to prevent future mold growth, a Kett saw with HEPA filtration for cutting drywall that minimizes dust, and 6mil poly and bags to contain mold contaminants.
Before any mold remediation begins, it is crucial to address the cause of the moisture problem. That’s why we highly recommend having our team of certified technicians do moisture and mold assessment to determine the cause of the mold issue and develop a comprehensive remediation plan.

In conclusion, Always Dry is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy living environment by thoroughly removing mold and preventing its return. We use the latest techniques and equipment to guarantee the job is done right and the space is free of mold contamination. If you are looking for a reliable and efficient mold removal service, look no further than Always Dry.

What is Mold?

Mold is a type of fungus that grows in warm, damp and humid environments. It reproduces by creating microscopic spores that are easily carried by the air. These spores can grow and spread rapidly under the right conditions. There are many different types of mold, and some are more harmful than others. Proper precautions should be taken to prevent and remove mold growth in homes and other buildings.

How Mold can effect our health?

Mold can have a significant impact on our health in various ways. When mold spores are inhaled or come into contact with the skin, they can cause a range of adverse health effects, including:

  1. Allergic reactions: Mold can trigger allergic reactions such as sneezing, coughing, itching, and watery eyes.
  1. Respiratory problems: Prolonged exposure to mold can lead to respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, and other lung infections.
  1. Compromised immune system: Individuals with weakened immune systems, such as those with HIV/AIDS or undergoing chemotherapy, are more susceptible to mold-related health problems.
  1. Toxic effects: Certain types of mold can produce toxic substances known as mycotoxins, which can cause neurological problems, headaches, and other health issues.
  1. Skin irritation: Mold exposure can cause skin irritation, including rashes, hives, and itching.
  1. Psychological effects: Prolonged exposure to mold can also lead to psychological effects such as depression, anxiety, and memory loss.

It is important to address mold growth promptly and effectively to minimize the risk of health problems. Individuals at high risk of adverse health effects from mold contamination should avoid the affected areas and call to Always Dry for a professional help to get rid of the mold.

How Mold can destroy your house?

Mold can slowly but surely destroy a house in several ways. Here are some ways in which mold can impact your property:

  1. Structural damage: Mold can eat away at building materials such as wood, drywall, and insulation, eventually causing structural damage to your house. Over time, this could result in weakened walls and floors, sagging ceilings, and other structural problems.
  1. Staining and discoloration: Mold can leave behind ugly stains and discoloration on walls, floors, and other surfaces, which can spread and become difficult to remove.
  1. Odors: Mold can result in a musty, unpleasant odor that can be difficult to get rid of.
  1. Health hazards: Along with the potential health risks to humans, mold can also affect pets and plants in your home.
  1. Decreased property value: If mold problems go unnoticed or ignored for too long, they can seriously impact the value of your property. This is particularly true if you are trying to sell your home, as buyers may be hesitant to purchase a property with a history of mold damage.

In summary, mold growth can lead to costly and sometimes irreversible damages to homes, as well as health problems to occupants. It is important to recognize and address any signs of mold growth in the early stages to mitigate damages to your property. Always Dry will inspect and identify any mold growth that may need remediation.


Have a Question?